One Night in Bangkok....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 7th 2006
Published: January 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The overnight traing from Chaing Mai to Bangkok last night was reallky quite luxurious - we didn't have to provide our own toilet paper or anything! We did drink all of the Thai wine that we had purchased, several beers, a liter of vodka and some rum.....And all of that before the night club (Yes - the train had a night club car!) opened at 9:00 p.m. We then went and danced - and Athena made new French friends. :-)

We all slept relatively well - it was a much nicer train really. :-) Although squat toilets on a moving train make life very interesting.

We got to Bangkok about 7:00 a.m. this morning to find our rooms weren't ready yet. No surprise there. So several of us went out to the weekend market and to the largest shopping center in South East asia. Didn't buy much - we're shopped out!

I've stopped by the internet cafe on my way to the hotel to take a shower. Then Athena and I will have to run out to the tailor's to pick up our dresses. Then we're all meeting for a nice final dinner. After that, we're going to track down the red light district and see the lady-boys.

Athena and I then leave for the airport at 4:00 a.m. for home! Will do one final entry when I get home to let you all know about the last night in Bangkok.

Can't wait to talk to you all in person! Oh, must go charge my cell phone!

Christine

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb