Busy City


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 10th 2005
Published: November 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post


Bangkok, Thailand: Nov. 3 - 11

We're in the midst of Chinatown, Bangkok. It took us 4 hours to get from the airport to the City due to heavy traffic, traffic lights that don't change for 10 minutes and much confusion on how to get out of the airport ( 1 hour spent looking for the skytrain... there is no skytrain in the airport). We decided to take a local bus to save ourselves $5- it was not worth it, especially with a screaming baby in tow for 2 hot, sweaty hours in deadlock traffic. But now we're here, cosily encircled by fumes and smog but what must be the land of the slurpy as there is a 7-11 everywhere you look, 4 just on our hotel block. It has rained almost everyday and is super humid. The one bright spot of our stay in Bangkok is visiting our friends Clela and Dan where we moved to their very nice apartment with a pool and an awesome city view. They pampered us with great food, great company and best of all... babysitting. 2 whole free nights out thanks to Dan's sister, it's like Christmas early. I have to admit we have not taken in too many of the sights in Bangkok but have cruised down the river, seen quite a few wat temples (not much of a feat as it's imposible to miss these beautiful buidings rising above the city), and done a bit of night market shopping. We don't feel too bad though as we know we'll be back in Bangkok soon enough so we'll save it all for the end.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb