Heading East...Snowbound!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 8th 2008
Published: February 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Has it really been three weeks since we arrived in Bangkok from Cambodia?

Once we arrived in Bangkok, it was clear that I had developed a sinus infection. A visit with a ENT surgeon at the internationally known Bumrungrad Hospital confirmed it with an endoscopic exam and also found a deviated septum and polyps. A few days later I had a cat scan and 6 days later I was having surgery on January 24th to remove the polyps. This is not how I had planned on spending our second 30 day visa entry in Thailand. But, considering I've had chronic sinus problems the past ten years, it was time to take corrective action. It's been two weeks since my endoscopic surgery and I can almost smell the jasmine again! No bandages, no pain and a night in the hospital during recovery. I'll have my 4th post-op appointment in a few days. Dennis has perfected the fine art of hanging around waiting rooms. From my experience, the hospital lives up to it's reputation for offering a high quality of care, service, organization and technical expertise at a cost far less than in the U.S. We are both very impressed.

In the meantime, we've been taking in a few movies, visiting our favorite lunch spots, like the food court at the Paragon shopping complex. We especially liked the movie theater with pairs of reclining leather seats, blanket and pillow provided! We've even found a mom and pop coffee shop where we chat with the owner, about economics and politics both here and in the U.S.

Like all good things, our trip must end. We will truly miss the people and culture in Thailand as we've felt very comfortable staying here and making our way around. Our 30 day visa is up and rather than exit the country and return for another month, we've decided to return to Bend and rent another house for a while. Yes, we know there's a lot of snow this year! We're looking forward to seeing friends and family again. Our cellphone number will be up and running once we arrive in Oregon on February 9th. A few photos from our stay in Cambodia are on this post.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

National MuseumNational Museum
National Museum

Phnom Penh
Roof top viewRoof top view
Roof top view

From the Foreign Correspondent's Club in PP
View to the MekongView to the Mekong
View to the Mekong

From the FCC Club
View down to the streetView down to the street
View down to the street

Count the passengers!
Boys at the internet in the mallBoys at the internet in the mall
Boys at the internet in the mall

It's the same around the world.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb