Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 7th 2008
Published: January 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Khosan Road, BangkokKhosan Road, BangkokKhosan Road, Bangkok

First night whiskey bucket
Hi guys, well its been an eventful 1st 4 days. Bangkok is absolutley mental and for those of you that have been there you will know exactly what we are talking about. We enjoyed the city itself but at times was far too busy and was full of people trying to rip you off. We had an experience with a Tuk Tuk driver that will be funnier to hear in person! Gill has been stared at by both men and women because of her pure whiteness which is now pure lobster! It sounds funny but it was quite uncomfortable for Gill and made her feel horrible. We have found the first four days quite hard and stressful but we are getting into the swing of it now as we have just found accommodation in phuket for 400 bhat a night. We had no accommodation when we got here so mitch walked around to try and find somewhere while gill sat and tried to recover from her real bad hangover(we were out till 4.30am drinking whiskey buckets with 2 guys from denmark, we had to get up at 7.30am for our flight.........nice!) We visited the Grand Palace, where Mitch had to wear the worlds worst shirt to cover his arms, its well bad it had green elephants on it, say no more! We tried to go to thai boxing but it was not on due to the death of the kings sister, which was dissapointing. We went to a hotel which has a rooftop bar and retaurant called vertigo on the 60th floor, the views of Bangkok are stunning. We will post some pictures soon. Hope everyone is well and we will post our next blog when we can fit in between drinks, snorkelling, scuba diving, swimming and just general bone idleness. lol.

Cheers

Mitch and Gill x x

p.s thanks for comments


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Outside Grand PalaceOutside Grand Palace
Outside Grand Palace

Shit Shirt Day my modelling days are WELL behind me..lol
Grand PalaceGrand Palace
Grand Palace

General View
Grand PalaceGrand Palace
Grand Palace

General View
VertigoVertigo
Vertigo

Gill and Mitch at Vertigo on the 60th floor rooftop cocktail bar!
VertigoVertigo
Vertigo

Amazing views of Bangkok!
Mbk Shopping CentreMbk Shopping Centre
Mbk Shopping Centre

Tucking in to some local grub...we were the only whites in the place!
Morten and BrianMorten and Brian
Morten and Brian

Random meeting of some vikings and scots in a celebration of a uniting of nations......oh and a thai waiter!
Hemlock RestaurantHemlock Restaurant
Hemlock Restaurant

Gill before the drink got a grip of her! last night in Bangkok


7th January 2008

Your 1st commenter (if that's a word??)
Hi guys sounds like you having a pretty mad first few days. Your blog was very funny and has brightened up a gloomy monday! Have great fun and take care of each other. Lots o luv Kylie

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb