Watery Bus Ride.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 29th 2007
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Roof-top Pool at Rambuttri Village InnRoof-top Pool at Rambuttri Village InnRoof-top Pool at Rambuttri Village Inn

A touch of serenity in the middle of chaos.
We are now back in Bangkok, the third time this year!

We made the 20 minute walk to the pier on Ko Samet without becoming too dehydrated. The 9.30am boat was ready to sail, good timing! As we docked at Banphe the time was just on 10am, the time our bus was due to leave! By the time the boat had been tied up and we'd scrambled onto the pier over the two foot drop into the sea, we thought we'd missed it for sure. We managed to negotiate the hundreds of mopeds to cross the main road and there was our bus. The nice friendly driver waited for us to dash into the ticket office to pay.

On taking our seats we were handed a bottle of water. Of course with water comes the need for toilet stops. No worry, there was one on the bus. Flush toilets are few and far between in S.E. Asia. This was not one of them. Instead, at the side of the toilet was a very large bucket of water to ladle down. You guessed it! Half way through the job in hand the bus took a sharp left hand bend spilling half the contents over my feet. I spent the next ten minutes trying to dry my flip flops out against the bus window. Such is the life of a traveller in S.E. Asia.

Whern we arrived at Eastern bus station in Bangkok we took the Sky Train to Siam Shopping Centre then hailed a taxi to take us to Rambuttri Village Inn.

As it was still Big Buddha Day (which actually lasted 3 days!) alcohol was still forbidden, however we quickly learned that a quiet word to the waiter and he would bring us Chang Beer disguised as coke in paper cups.

The roof top pool was once again a welcome respite from the heat of the city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb