Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Aranya Prathet
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Aranya Prathet
Latest Blogs from Aranya Prathet
- April 3rd 2012 Farewell Thailand
by Words: 178 Photos: 0
- April 2nd 2012 No i dont want a Tuk Tuk
by Words: 183 Photos: 0
- January 19th 2012 Bangkok to Siem Reap
by Words: 571 Photos: 13
- April 27th 2011 Border jumping...and bribes!
by Words: 1055 Photos: 2
- January 8th 2011 Thailand//Cambodia Border Crossing
by Words: 743 Photos: 0
- May 1st 2010 To Siem Reap from Bangkok
by Words: 531 Photos: 3
- February 23rd 2009 All the gross animal abuse of the fair...
by Words: 1225 Photos: 0
- February 16th 2009 An E-sy weekend
by Words: 1207 Photos: 0
- February 13th 2009 Riding shotgun
by Words: 388 Photos: 0
- February 12th 2009 You want feed elephant?
by Words: 1150 Photos: 0
- February 11th 2009 Early enthusiasm
by Words: 1766 Photos: 0
- August 13th 2008 Koh Chang und Angkor What?
by Words: 493 Photos: 8
- March 5th 2008 Rice Rice Baby To Go
by Words: 498 Photos: 5
- October 29th 2007 Bumpy roads and dust tracks
by Words: 603 Photos: 0
- January 3rd 2007 Bangkok
by Words: 351 Photos: 3
- December 10th 1990 thailand
by Words: 16 Photos: 0