Encore Taiwan


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
August 1st 2005
Published: December 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Final Day (1 August 2005)



The people of Taiwan are among the most friendly people on the planet & it's their hospitality that is perhaps the greatest asset of this remarkable island. ~~Robert Storey, Lonely Planet Taiwan

We went back to Taipei again this morning after saying good bye to Danshui. Our final stop for the entire trip was at Shin Kong Mitsukuoshi Tower to catch a final glimpse of the city before we fly back in the evening. Taipei is very much like Singapore just 50%!l(MISSING)ess crowded. The sky has been hazy since day 1 when we arrived. But I’m glad that our travel plans were not disrupted by the 2 typhoons that came and went before and after our trip.

It’s a nice place to enjoy an idyllic afternoon with few visitors. Apparently, ever since Taipei 101 was opened, few visitors would bother to stop by here since we are only standing 46 storeys above ground compared to the giant structure.

As we look back our trip at the end of the 8 day campaign, with $1000 poorer but much wiser, it was well worth the school fees. I love the place and yes, I will be back again soon.



Coming soon: Christmas (2003) in Bangkok with Clare and company. Stay tuned.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



27th June 2007

Whydo you choose Taiwan ?
How r u ? Well, I've read through ur 8 days trip to Taiwan and found it interestin, I am a Taiwanese, currently workin for Taiwan's gov. to promote Taiwan's travel, just wonderin why u would choose Taiwan as your travel destination at the first place ? Despite those 12 positive aspects, what else ? I appreciate your answer...

Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 86; dbt: 0.2496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb