Rustic Danshui


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
July 31st 2005
Published: November 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 (31 July 2005)



Coming to the 2nd last day of our “Taiwan” Campaign. We left our hotel early today to visit the Miniature Museum so that we could be on time for check out. This place was recommended by I Weekly. Anyway, it was relatively small to justify the high cost of entry fees. And the golden rule applies - no picture taking. Of course we did smuggle a few shots from it because we won’t be doing ourselves justice if we left the place without any “memories”. The display was well nice right up to the final details.

We left Taipei city to check into our final accommodation in See’s Revert Hotel in Danshui. Our accommodation “improved” by the day from the unforgettable Amigo Hostels right up to our final stop. It was quite fun shifting around as the days goes by because there is always an element of “surprise” for all the 4 hotels we stayed.

It was a rustic stroll through the old streets of Danshui on a hot summer afternoon. The streets were filled with people along with numerous food kiosks and snacks. We made pit stops along the way to the Red House and the Fish Ball Museum (for free food and air-conditioning) before reaching Lover’s Bridge in the evening.

At the coffee house, we were making our regret list for the places that we couldn’t cover for this trip. It was pretty long for Roys and longer for me.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb