My life IS like oohhhh ahhh.


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Kaohsiung
May 20th 2007
Published: May 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post


“Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!” Dr. Seuss


hello. i get paid to speak English, travel, and shop...what more could a girl ask for!?! no. really though. my life in taiwan is pretty simple and easy..a life i am not sure why i am leaving, but it's time for a new adventure and i believe it will be just as great!

My students had a Mother's Day celebration at school last week and it was very interesting to experience. There was song and dance. The students sang a very powerful Taiwanese song to their mother's. From what I was told in English, it was about how the students should never forget how much their mother does for them/ sacraficies for them to have a better life as they grow up and to never forget to take care of their mother as they got older. (it was sort of a biography song about a singer and his mother) but that was the 'message' he was trying to send. In other news at school--my kids are spastic, i think it has something to do with this change of climate--or maybe it is just me---i can't seem to stop sweating and dying from HeAt! soooooooooooooooooo being the tricky person I am, i try to do a little something involving computers for class and move into the computer room with the AIR CONDITIONING-ha ha. The semester is wrapping up and so is our lessons, so now I am moving on to "arts and crafts' mostly with my kids AND i am especially excited about making an ABC picture book for my first graders that incorporates phonics since they aren't to sharp in that area.

As for my 'social life' in Taiwan...the possey and I had a fun filled weekend up North last weekend and did a little exploring, shopping, and drinking. I will miss them A LOT! it is interesting how you creat life long friendships with people abroad- its the experience you share together allows you to create a stronger bond...something you can reflect upon for decades later, with only the people who know EXACTLY what you are talking from just one word you mention or one picture you flash!
This weekend the BB and Muoy came down to explore the Diiiirty one last weekend and Paul was nice enough to let us 'party' ok who are we kididng...DDR at his house haha. it was def. a memorable experience. But its not a trip to the Diirty w/o FABRIC!




33 days. OMG. two boxes and one suitcase down. AHHHHH!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb