On the Move....


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Hualien » Hualien City
October 24th 2012
Published: October 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

CRC is now moving into its last week in Taiwan. This last week is being spent in Hualien. Hualien is on the east coast of Taiwan and it's countryside. It's beautiful with mountains on either side and we are really close to the Pacific Ocean. We left by Taipei by train at 8:20 am and arrived at 11 am. We had KTV, karoke, the night before so we were in the VIP room. It was fun but I had a really tough day. I was pretty raw throughout the day. I will explain in a post soon (famous last words). But the short story is that I had a break down about leaving my Kendo Team at NCCU.

However, on the brightside, we got to interact with students at Dong Hwa University in Hualien. The students were a part of an Indigenous Cultures of Taiwan group. They dressed in tradition outfits of the 14 recognized aboriginal/indigenous tribes and performed traditional dances and songs. It was so beautiful. THere was also a group of elementary school kids performing as well and they were adorable. After they performed, they asked us to dance with them and we got the chance to try on traditional outfits and dance in them.

Despite my goodbyes being hard this next week will be great and then it's on to Thailand!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 90, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb