I went with 2 friends from switzerland to sri lanka for 3 weeks. we had a fantastic time over there, attached you can find some pictures. enjoy your virtual travel to this wonderful country!
the original plan was to travel by bicycle, but as my bike is in south africa at the moment i had to find one in colombo. we went from place to place and couldnt find one... capital city and i couldnt rent a bicycle for 3 weeks. that was a bit of a disappointing start to the journey but hey - we made the best out of it. my friends left the bikes in colombo where we stayed the first 2 nights and off we went.
We roughly did that route:
• train ride to kande (was a great experience!)
• kande for some days (tooth temple, botanical garden)
• then private taxi south to tissamaharama via badulla
• tissamaharama for some days (yala n.p. & bundala n.p.)
• bus to tangalle (ghanesh garden - heaven on earth)
• bus to unawatuna, stayed some days
• taxi back to colombo (to pick up the 2 bicycles we left behinde)
• taxi to negombo (2 nights there befor flying back to
great memories, wonderful people, delicious food - check out the pictures
Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0875s; 59; m:apollo w:www (188.8.131.52); sld: 4;
; mem: 6.5mb