Camping in Aberdeen


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Hatton
May 14th 2010
Published: May 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Craving for real camping by a waterfall - Try Aberdeen

3 of us got our back pack ready with extra 3 crew tent and got in to Colombo - Hatton public bus.
Just 150 rupees per person we got down from the Ginigathhena town. We loitered around the town to grab some amenities including kerosoin oil and some wood available at the local market. With all things ready we got in to a Tuk Tuk and asked him to drop us at the path entrance to Aberdeen village.
Guy drop us for just 350 rupees. We start climbing down the staircase that lead to the village and took a left turn to the jungle path.
Some common dogs guided us the way but not the leaches.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leech)
however through the jungle path we crossed a small bridge over a stream and reached the proximity of the waterfall. Which we could see in some distance. Just like a heavenly down fall of cloudy stream. Simply surrounded by unpolluted serene vegetation.
The water falls in to a basin like formation surrounded by rocky area covered with trees. The water looks transparent and you could see the Goldi sand beneath. Climbing down was bit risky as the rocks were naturally decaded.
We set up our camping closer to the water pool on a flat rock and the born fire much closer. The 67 m waterfall was right next to us as we felt the mist and cold of it and monotonous sound that ruled the surrounding. It was only three of us that made us to try some cool bath which the water is about knee length.
Damn... there were some rocks and in the water pool surrounded by quick sand pits so you were sucked in to the ground. We were careful enough to avoid such but enjoyed the bath to the maximum.

Later we shared some beer while some meal while the born fire. It was quite sleepless chatting and enjoying the calmness and the beauty of the waterfall which look whiter due to the reflection of the moon light.

That was a perfect moment for all of us who could dare to try an adventure .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb