Waterpia!!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Sokcho
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

****Saturday we woke up and we cooked American pancakes...because I am such a good traveler that I know to pack some food items to keep my kids happy and my hubbies pocket happy too! :o) After breakfeast we headed across the street to Waterpia, which is a water park that is awesome! Only because it has wonderful spa things that can be shared among the family and keep ME very happy as well. First of all if you plan on going swimming inside anywhere in Korea you must have a swimming cap on. You can even rent them and return them back in and get your deposit back if you don't own one.
I was so delighted to dip into the diffrent soaking areas with diffrent themes. Often you would see a sign saying "Todays flavor" which meant the aroma of the water...we liked the apple (green) and lavender (purple) water the best! They had areas that had adult only pools filled with powerful jets that massaged your whole body and a pool for the kiddies on the side so the kids weren't far from their parents eyes. Damien enjoyed the lazy river going around the park and the tidal wave
Strawberry TubStrawberry TubStrawberry Tub

"Flavored water"
pool. Ok, I admit my mommy thing kicked in when I saw how big the waves got and I told Damien to wait a bit before going back in! (Rob and Scott...don't say anything!! LOL!)
We ate lunch their and had some Baskin Robbins ice cream too. Beware that what looks like "Sour cream" on a baked potatoe is actually "Whip cream"...not to the likeing of my taste buds! A chilli hot dog is a "chili" as in HOT spicy chili pepper hot dog! When we decided to leave we discovered these wonderful machines that you put your bathing suit in and within seconds it dries your stuff completey!

After a LONG nap we decided to hit the town and we discovered a really cool looking tower. Don't know the exact name but it was something to do and we got a good view of the area. When we left the tower we decided to walk around and thats when the fun began because we stumbled across a store that rented out bikes and a double take revealed mini powered dirt bikes! Rob and Scott could not resist and for 5,000.00 won ($6.00 us dollars) for half an hour they were off! Damien had a mini four wheeler and I opted for a bike with a seat to drive Lina around. You have a baby, you say...no problem! They have jeeps that you control with a remote while your child rides in it! Oh yeah... Can you believe they didn't make you sign anything or take your information?! In N.Y these things would be gone! We drove around the paths and I believe the guys had a BLAST!! I tried the mini bike and ran up a flight of stairs and decided the bike was good enough for me! LOL!!

We had so much fun that weekend!! So much greenery close by too! Te drive back to Seuol was nice as we drove through the mountains and was happy to see all the trees!






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd October 2007

yes ur so pretty
Yes my sister is so Beautiful. S. you're alright too. HA!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb