12th Day: Bugaksan Hike and Teumsae Ramen


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Jongno-gu
September 20th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was an early morning for me because today I went on a hike. The hike was at Bugaksan Mountain which was north of Seoul. The mountain was the highest amongst the other mountains and was a southern offshoot of Bukhansan. The mountain was steep but the scenery was very green and beautiful. There bridges and stairs throughout the mountain that was specifically made for hikers. We hiked with another group of people that was also here for a holiday. The hike took a long time and was extremely tiring, but it was worth it. After you reach the top of the mountain, you could see the whole city from there. The fun bit was going down. After a hard time going up the mountain, it felt so good to just slowly walk back down. After the hike i went back to my hotel, took a shower and had a deep nap to regain my energy.

When I woke up, it was around time for dinner, so i went out with Sandra again and went to a Ramen (Noodle Soup) store in Myeongdong. This store was famous in Seoul for it's very hot and spicy ramen. It was also made into a instant noodle packet too. This store has four levels of spiciness; mild, medium, hot and extreme spicy. I couldn't handle spicy food well so I ordered medium and Sandra ordered hot. The store provided free milk in case it's too spicy. The noodles were absolutely delicious. The spiciness wasn't too strong, or maybe it was the help of milk that made it not too spicy, whatever it is, it was good. This meal filled me up after a long day of hiking up a high mountain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb