Finally


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon
August 27th 2006
Published: September 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Asiana Airlines Flight OZ 221Asiana Airlines Flight OZ 221Asiana Airlines Flight OZ 221

America is lucky if we have a nice one story plane.....first class was on the top level...this doesnt even begin to show how huge it was
Ok..so Renee and I have been planning this trip for about two years now. A study abroad for the fall semester at Ewha Woman's University in Seoul, South Korea. Our friend Soo Won took us to Koreatown in New York City one day and we fell in love with all things Korean right then and there. Anyway, after planning and setting everything up with a "love her to death, put in your pocket and keep her forever" Professor Yoo we were finally in the taxi on our way. Two hours later we arrived at JFK.

Security was faster than we thought, so sitting at gate for at least 45 minutes allowed our minds to race in all directions. "We are finally at this point" "I'm not looking forward to this plane ride at all" "You know when we get off the plane, we will be in South Korea" were some of the things said between the two of us. Everything from being scared out of our minds to being completely ecstatic about this was present with every step we took onto the plane.
Interesting was the only word we could think of during the flight. The food wasn't some frozen and thawed 14 times and dehydrated polyurethane most americans are used to. Real potatoes, real carrots, real london broil like steak, real authentic korean food, real dishes, real silverware, real to the point where when you were done you thought you were in a restaurant until you looked around again realizing you were in a two story airplane on your way halfway across the world.

We werent even there yet and wanted to stay longer then five months. "wow" "can you believe this?" "this is already better than America" was said more times then I could rememer between us. Fourteen and a half hours later going through Immigration, Customs, baggage claim, etc we ended up at gate 13 having to meet our friend at number two....figures. Not being able to get some substantial sleep ever on airplanes, I was up at this point for about 20 hours or so. I'll just say I was a little less than "get up and run through a field of poppies to see the Wizard of Oz." I quickly forgot how heavy all our damn crap was and how sleep deprived we were when we saw "love her to death, put in your other pocket keep her forever" Hye Jin running towards us down the bigger than ever airport I have ever been in. Naturally, being girls, we left our stuff and ran up to her and hugged for what seemed like a half hour. We had only ever seen her on our turf in the states, so being on hers was definitely different. Two huge suitcases, a little green one, a trunk and big old blue backpacks in a trunk later, we were officially in South Korea. Oh yeah, they have a multiple lane expressway just for the airport into Seoul and vise versa...no exits...thats how busy the airport gets....eat it Philly Int'l.

Advertisement



27th September 2006

okay...
It's time for a new blog, Sarah. I'm fascinated by different cultures. Don't leave me hangin! LOL
19th November 2006

awsome
wow that sounds like a rough trip. but also a good one because of the food. lol.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb