The best laid plans, the worst laid plans


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeongsangbuk-do » Pohang » Homigot
May 23rd 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hilarity ensues.

Sorry if you guys got that last e-mail. For some reason, it published while I started writing it. Oh well.

Anyway, this entry is dedicated to Buddha, who made this entire trip possible. Thanks, Buddha, for having a birthday that allowed us to have a three-day weekend.

Our trip started off on Friday morning. Originally, we were all to meet up at the bus station at 10:30. However, as our entire weekend extravaganza was actually Ally's birthday weekend extravaganza, a few people were a bit hungover. Ally couldn't find our friend Katie, so we pushed our meeting time to 11. Katie was located, but then Adam was running late.

We got into the bus station after noon. We bought our bus tickets, most of us together, and then they hand us one ticket. "One ticket, six people?" "Yes. One ticket, six people." We go to the bus, and get our seats. The driver comes to take our tickets. "Where are your tickets?" "The girl said one ticket for six people." "No. One ticket, four people."

Twenty minutes of arguing. Kicked off the bus. We go back to the girl, except she's not there. After some snooping, we see she is behind some cubicle in the back. We point to the girl, and try and get them to call her over, but a manager man is yelling. Thankfully, a Korean couple helped us out, and then the girl had to count her drawer, etc. After some time, we got our INDIVIDUAL tickets, and got the next bus.

Time: now 1:15.

We get on the bus, and things are going smoothly, except that the bus driver keeps telling us to quiet down (Nazi), and about halfway to Pohang, the bus was having problems. We pulled to the side of the road, and the driver got out to check the gas tank. The air kicked on and off, and we thought we were done for. Fortunately, the bus started back up, and we rolled into Pohang without any further problems.

Once we arrived in Pohang, we took a bus to Homigot. EXCEPT that we had difficulties with transferring to the next bus, and would have to wait some 45 or so minutes to get to Homigot. SO from the bus stop, we caught two cabs to Homigot.

BUT halfway to Homigot, our cab STOPS! We have to transfer because he's out of gas. Thankfully, he called for another cab, and the handoff was smooth and cheap. I guess it was a favor for our first cabbie, so the rest of the ride was only 만원! Not bad!

Okay, I'm not going to lie. I got a little lazy here. Instead of being bothered to type this entire entry up, I pretty much made a video of me just explaining the absolute mayhem that was our journey.

So please go ahead and check the video!




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



26th May 2010

I think it's just the LOST fever that has been happening here in the US of A, but that hand picture reminds me of a crazy desert island.
26th May 2010

Haha, really? It looks like the Statue of Liberty drowning to me! :P
28th May 2010
Photo 5

WHA?
Where was this photo taken?
29th May 2010

Homigot, in Pohang, South Korea.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb