Singapore Stopover, Day 3


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 10th 2013
Published: July 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last day. We got up and had a good breakfast at the hotel, packed up our bags and checked out. We left our bags at the hotel because the bus was going to pick us up later. It was hot and sunny. We set off to Sentosa Island on the MRT (metro) and headed for the Luge ride. The first luge was in Rotorua! It was really cool driving the little luge cars. When we got to the bottom we caught the sky ride back up, and did it again and again! When we had used all our tickets up we went to get tickets for the butterfly and insect house. While we were doing this it started to rain, really hard and then he thunder and lightening started! It was a bit scary. We decided to have a look at the insect house and see if the rain was going to stop. Inside there were heaps of insects, spiders, beatles, stick insects and butterflies from around the world. The staff had real beatles that they were showing visitors, you could feel them or hold it if you wanted. One had a scorpion, Dad decided he wanted to hold it, so the man put it dads hand! Scary! when we had finished in the insect house it had stopped raining so we went into the butterfly enclosure, but the butterfly's were still hiding from the rain and not many were out. They did have some parrots and birds that we had seen at the bird park yesterday. We had a look around then went back to the MRT station and headed back to the hotel for a quick swim before the airport bus came to pick us up. We arrived at the airport at 7pm just in time for our check in and went thru to the departure lounge, our final flight home. The plane was full and this was one of our shorter flights, just under 8 hours. I had a good sleep in the plane and we arrived in Auckland to a sunny day. We had a bit of trouble with our luggage being overweight for the Auckland to Wellington flight but managed to get thru with out repacking. The weather in Wellington was cool but nice for our return. It was cold in Reikorangi by the time we got home, luckily the fire was ready to go!

Thank you all for reading our travel blog, and for your comments. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed writing it and I hope it might inspire you to travel to some of the places we visited. Bye until next time. The Field Trippers xxx

Advertisement



10th July 2013

thankyou for sharing your trip,it was wonderful to read each morning.

Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb