S & K's Unison


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 21st 2012
Published: December 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday, 21st December 2012

Compared to the many lavish weddings which I had attended in the past, S & K's unison was a simple, hush-hush affair involving only a few people that mattered most to them.

"You don't look like you are getting married," I once lamented to her.

She could be one of the most idle brides I had ever come across in my life-time. However, credit must be given to them for their pre-wedding shoots (which turned out great) and they would be flying off to the Land of Smiles for their simple honeymoon.

I was their nominated photographer to cover the event. Not that I mind actually. On the contrary, I was glad that they had full confidence with my photography skills.

Some 15 of us were present for their private event comprising immediate family members and close friends this afternoon. With a small crowd, it certainly made my job much easier to comprehend. After getting their papers signed, the couple said their vows in front of the solemization officer who declared them husband and wife from this moment on.

It was off for lunch at Equinox, a cafe sitting on top of Swissotel at level 70 of the property. Food tasted great too with a good mix of local and Xmas delights. The view was fantastic from where we were seated taking in the skylines of the Central Business District, the Singapore Flyer and the Sands Casino.

We had a good time updating each other with our latest gossips. The happy couple need not go around the tables posing with guests. No lengthy, emotional "Thank You" speeches or "Yam Sengs" either. We were just there to enjoy ourselves with the food and company.

At the end of our 3-hour affair, my Nikon camera came back with 244 shots of their unison. Most pictures turned out quite well and I'm glad that my camera managed to do a respectable job despite the odds.

To the newly-weds, congratulations on your unison again. May you have a good life ahead.

Advertisement



22nd December 2012

Thank u
B, thank u for everything for the past 30 odd years.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb