Boy, our money sure is disappearing…


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 16th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had used a couple of websites to help us plan our stay in the city, so we went to a restaurant we’d written down by grabbing a nearby bus. When we got to Hacienda, the restaurant, we realized it was much too expensive, so we hopped ahead on our schedule to go see the museum at Marina Bay Sands. It was nice to ride the bus because we got to see the city and it was full of green trees and plants. We also passed a street with about 10 blocks just full of shopping malls. Incredible. Anyways, when we got there we realized it was a huge, luxurious mall and when we arrived at the museum entrance were told that it was not open yet and would open sometime mid-March. Boo. We were going to eat at the food court but the cheapest dish besides a bowl of steamed rice was around $7.00 – too rich for our blood.


When we met Nicholas we walked around Orchard Street first, a street lined with shopping. After, we saw an Indian temple and a Chinese temple before walking through Bugis Street, a large market. We headed towards a bar we’d found on that same website, Timbre @ the Substation. It was on a back street and it was a cool, open area bar with live music and free self-serve water. We came at the tail-end of happy hour so we had to hurry and order and got three pints for $33! So expensive.

After we left Ronald told me that Nicholas didn’t pay. This was unexpected because when we met him he told us he’d been robbed on the bus he took in Kuala Lumpur and had to cancel his credit cards, file a police report, and borrow money from his family so right now he “didn’t have much money”. I didn’t realize that he didn’t have any money. Strange, because when we were deciding the drinks to get he didn’t say anything about not having any money…fishy, fishy.

Technical details
-Buses don’t give change
-Many buses are double deckers
-The city is very clean and trashcans are everywhere – what a change!
-Citizens are very law-abiding
-There are signs all around the city indicating the nearby parking lots and how many spaces are available at that moment
Gothere.sg tells you how to get anywhere in the city and tells you how much and how long it will take

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb