Singapore - A bit skipped backfill promised


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 3rd 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I'm back! I know its been ages, We're in Asia now after spending a great 6 weeks in New Zealand and Australia. So great obviously that I didn't have time to update my blog. I'm going to fill it in at a later date tho. No doubt there'll be lots of time for that when I'm home on the dole!

Spent 3 nights in Singapore. Stayed in a hostel near Lavender station. Took us ages to find it the night we arrived. The MRT's in Singapore are second to none we're seen so far. It's their underground and so clean and on time. All the people we asked for directions we're very friendly so we got there about 11pm and went straight to our leabas.

Our first day in Singapore was disappointing weather wise. It was really hot so we donned our summer gear and headed out. Only it was really cloudy. Still really hot but no sun. We didn’t let that dampen our spirits and headed on our priority mission of replacing another camera. This time we chose a canon mostly because Yvonne wanted a feature that lets you highlight a particular colour and let the rest of the photo Black and white. Salesman assured us this camera had the feature but as of yet we haven’t found it. Oh Oh. We walked around the shopping centres around Orchard Road and bought some stuff. Not that much cheaper than home but still couldn’t resist the great shops. While Yvonne was shopping Gary and Rice spent time ogling the great array of fancy cars.

Our eats that day consisted of various delights from stalls, Gary tried some ice cream wrapped up in bread. Everyone was eating it and it was delicious. That night we headed for a really old part of down well behind raffles hotel to a restaurant area. Apparently it’s where the first chicken fried rice came from. The lad who told us about this recommended a dish called. Hainanese Chicken. Yvonne of course ordered this and it just turned out to be fried chicken. No rice, noodles, spuds or chips.

The following day turned out to be cloudy too. We did some research and talked to some people about where to go next. We had intended on going to Bintan. Mainly because of Suizeis amazing photos of the place but decided instead to go to Tioman in Malaysia. It was school holidays in Singapore and the end of Ramadan so most resorts in Bintan we’re booked up. That and Cloudy weather made our mind up for us. We we’re still a bit unsure as to weather we could find cheap accommodation on Tioman but decided to chance it.
After all this decision making which is never fun we headed out to a water park just outside Singapore called wild wild wet. This didn’t start off great with lots of signs about saying to cover up and not to expose yourself. The only swimwear Yvonne has was a boobie bikini…. We went in and went on a few rides alrite but the rides weren’t great and Yvonne was 1 of about 4 people wearing a bikini so we left fairly lively. Nobody said anything Yvonne just a chicken shit. On the way back into town there was a funny incident where Gary nearly got arrested for eating in the train station. They were very angry. Amusing for yours truly.
On our way into town later that night we say people playing haki-sac. I’d call it keepy uppy but Gary got very excited so I said I’d mention it. We went down to the harbour area to get a look at the Singapore flyer this is a big London eye type of thing. More impressive than this was the brilliant space age building scattered everywhere. All I can say is there must be a lot of money around the place. We ate dinner here and went home to pack for our trip to the island. Hopefully.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb