NDP 2010 Preview ~ Live Our Dreams, Fly Our Flag


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 31st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 31st July 2010



Thanks to Daddy for being the proud winner for this year's NDP Preview tickets. After a hiatus of 5 years, we are finally back to the Padang grounds for this year's celebrations. Never mind that we weren't able to win the tickets for the August 9th celebrations.

The Padang grounds would always hold a special meaning in my heart. It was at this same ground where memories of my NS days were evident, where we spent many weekends perfecting our skills during the run-up of NDP 2000. After days of torrential downpour, we were very thankful that clear skies greeted us as we sat down at the blue sector this evening.

Never mind that our seats was not strategic enough to catch the fireworks display or the aerial fly pass. Never mind that we were far away from the mobile columns or the guard of honour contingents. Never mind that the blazing sun at 5.20pm affected our ability to see clearly.

We were just HAPPY to be here and have some fun tonight. This was our Nth time watching the parade LIVE and it never failed to excite our senses as we left the grounds at 8.20pm. Year after year, the NDP provided an ideal backdrop for us to reaffirm our identity as Singaporeans as we recited our pledge and sung the national anthem in unison ~ something which I had stopped doing ever since leaving my secondary school in 1995.

Like what Kit Chan sang in the 1998 NDP Theme Song Home, "this is home truly, where I know I must be!"

Certainly, this was a very proud moment for all of us present at the Padang today.
Happy 45th Birthday Singapore!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb