Botanic Gardens


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 9th 2008
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

One of the many many things I like here in S'pore is , that you never know what to expect when going to different places. I don't personally even want to know every detail and do some deep research beforehand about the places where we are going. Thus far we have never disappointed about anything.

This morning the feeling after yesterday's hard pedaling was surprisingly good, let's not talk about my reddish back.. so we decided to pay a visit to Singapore Botanic Gardens and spend a lazy Sunday afternoon there. The Botanic Garden is said to be one of the island's biggest and nicest park and I am not wondering why. Whole the area was HUGE, green and lush and so close to the central city that we even walked there.(crazy Finnish people like locals have told us..) People with their families were having picnics there and playing different games. Here in Singapore where almost all people are working six days a week 10 hours a day and living like 24/7 it was nice to see them just laying down and relaxing. There was also lot of Foreign people, maybe looking for nature just like we did. I am sure these gardens are also the only place in this country where it is allowed to take a turn in the park and walk on the grass without warning notifications or high fees.

The weather was so humid when we walked there that I was almost pressing the water off from the my clothes, and it wasn't even shining! National Orchid Garden, the Ginger Garden, and the Evolution Garden we walked through, but my absolute favorite was Cactus area and its prickly plants. Also the Swan Lake with cute turtles swimming there and small ponds were marvelous. Now I know where to go when seeking the peace and quiet.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Some flowerSome flower
Some flower

what a botanist need to be to know such a thing


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb