Day 4 - Changi Outlets, Little India and Orchard Road


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
October 15th 2013
Published: June 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Throughout the night there was thunder and lightening galore so when the alarm went off at 6:50am I turned it off and stayed in bed for another 30mins before we got up and went to the gym.
We were at the gym for about 40mins before heading back to the room, getting ready and headed off to breakfast at a lovely little cafe across the way. It was pouring with rain when we were leaving so we got a Carlton Hotel umbrella from reception. I had to leave my name and room number to make sure I returned it. After breakfast we were making our way out on the train to Changi Mall Outlets. While walking I slammed the top of the umbrella on the ground and the cover but shattered. Whoops. So we went down to the supermarket and bomught superglue to glue it back together.. It worked, like new, Phew!
We shopped our little hearts out at the outlets and I had lunch of Butter Chicken and (made in front of me) naan bread in the food court. Then we jumped back on the train to the hotel.
We sat by the pool for a while before getting changed and made our way on foot north to Little India. Little India was cool, colourful, vibrant with people everywhere. We went into the markets then up the street that joined into Orchard Road. We walked all the way up Orchard Road (going in and out of shops) then up to the Hard Rock cafe to meet up with Dani and Bec's friend Gareth for dinner. The food and drinks were amazing.
Then from there Dani caught a cab back to the hotel, Bec, Gareth and myself went for a walk all the way back down Orchard Road, down past the Cathay Centre and up to see Little India again, this time at night. It was cool, all lit up, not at all unsafe.
We walked around for a bit before heading back toward the hotel. We stopped briefly for me to change my bandaids on my blisters, while sitting this Indian guy just starts singing while walking past, then stops and serenades the street, not people, the street. Odd.
Fro there we continued the walk back to the hotel where we face masked and foot masked before bed. I then came across an episode of The Walking Dead on TV and I was set.
We realised that we had been walking a lot throughout the previous days so part way through the day decided to start tracking. For the last section of the day we racked up over 10kms, not including all the rest.. no wonder our feet were sore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.444s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb