Singapore Sling


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
April 1st 2006
Published: April 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Little IndiaLittle IndiaLittle India

In the evening the streets were jam packed with men sitting around chatting. It was really odd.

Day 139-140



We flew out of Darwin late afternoon and arrived at our next stop, Singapore in the early evening. We caught the train to Little India, where we were staying. We checked into our hostel, which was really nice, but were pretty shattered so had some pringles and went to sleep.

To make up for our lameness yesterday we got up early and walked to the main shopping street - Orchard Street. It was basically a row of malls although each one seemed to have the same shops. They have every shop you could ever want from Gucci, Prada, Armani to Topshop and M&S!! We both really like Singapore and were pleasently surprised as we hadn't heard anything that great about it. In the evening we walked around Little India, which is such a contrast from the massive clean city and skyscrapers of Singapore. We had a lovely meal at an Indian restaurant and then caught the tube to Raffles (a beautiful 5* hotel) for the customary Singapore Sling. Raffles actually created the Singapore Sling, so where else would you go?! We had another drink in Little India and then retired to our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Singapore Sling timeSingapore Sling time
Singapore Sling time

A bit pricey at $20 a pop but well worth it!
Raffles HotelRaffles Hotel
Raffles Hotel

In the bar there were monkey nuts on each table and the shells were all over the floor. It was very random!


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb