Day 3 - Snow City and Orchard Road


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Jurong West
October 14th 2013
Published: June 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We got a little bit if a sleep in today. We got up at about 8:30am, got ready and headed out for some breakfast. We ended up at McDonald's (hotcakes, hash brown and an iced Milo).
Walked around the Bugis Mall for a while as they weren't open and didn't open til 10:30am.
On the way back to the hotel we stopped in at a pet shop and saw a real hamster and chinchilla!! Weird things. Unfortunately there was great big signs saying 'No Photos' Boooo!.
We went back to the hotel and decided it was time to tackle the MRT, the Singapore Rail Network.
We worked out where we were and where we wanted to get to and it was all really simple.
We jumped on the greenline and headed west out to Jurong East Station. We got off, discovered two more shopping malls, stopped at one, had some lunch at an Italian Restaurant then walked in the direction of Snow City. It was wicked. An Indoor Snow Centre where you get pants, jackets, gloves and boots and get to play in the snow! We threw snow and went down the big slope on tubes. It was good fun but it got real cold.
So we decided to leave and head back to the malls that we found. We bought a few things and spent a while there before jumping back on the train for the 25min trip back to City Hall Station. We got some stuff quickly in there before heading back to the hotel for a brief sit down and relax. Then we jumped in a cab to Orchard Road. We checked out the end that we missed yesterday and made it all the way back down the other end. We had some dinner and walked all the way back to the hotel. We were absolutely spent by the time we got back but stayed up for a face mask, cup of tea and watched The Vow on TV. Then it was snooze time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.424s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb