Jurong Gardens


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Jurong West
October 23rd 2008
Published: October 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

"ABOUT SINGAPORE JURONG GARDENS:

Built in 1975 and designed by Prof. Yuen-chen Yu, a well-known architect from Taiwan, the Chinese Garden’s concept is based on Chinese gardening art. The main characteristic is the integration of splendid architectural features with the natural environment. The Chinese Garden is modeled along the northern Chinese imperial style of architecture and landscaping."

Except of The Chinese Garden, there was Japanese,- and Bonsai Gardens, which cost an estimate $3.8 million to build. This 5,800 sq meters garden with Suzhou-style buildings and landscape houses a collection of over 2,000 bonsais imported from China and other parts of the world.

Those Gardens were like a paradises in the middle of the city. That peace and quietness. The day was sunny and pretty hot. Here in Singapore is said to be three seasons : hot, hotter and the hottest. This day was the second one..


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Pagoda and IPagoda and I
Pagoda and I

In ancient times, the pagoda, originally a simple tower located beside a temple, was used for the keeping of human bones by Buddhists. Later, with improvements in architectural skills, incorporated with the traditional art of building, the pagoda was developed into a structure of striking architectural beauty.
 Red Bridge Red Bridge
Red Bridge

In the art of Chinese gardens, bridges play an important role; they are one of the most important structures and may denote the characteristics of various periods of civilizations.
Stone BoatStone Boat
Stone Boat

A famous traditional feature of Chinese architecture is the Stone Boat structure. Its unique design and splendid architectural beauty is a fine art which has long been praised by people throughout the world.
The Bonsai GardenThe Bonsai Garden
The Bonsai Garden

Opened in June 1992, the Suzhou-style Bonsai Garden cost an estimate $3.8 million to build. This 5,800 sq metres garden with Suzhou-style buildings (incorporating a main hall of 50 sq metres) and landscape houses a collection of over 2,,000 bonsais imported from China and other parts of the world.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb