Our day in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Geylang
August 23rd 2009
Published: August 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

12th July 2009

With only one day to explore Singapore we headed to the harbour where we saw the famous symbol of the country, the Merlion. After walking around the centre of Singapore for a while we headed to Little India to check out a couple of Hindu temples. The one we saw was very colourful, with statues of the gods lining the outside of the temple. We headed to a nearby park for a sit down and we were treated to a chinese dragon display by a troupe of kids. We then headed to the night market for our first taste of street food in Asia. As luck would have it we sat near an old british guy who was commonly on business in Singapore and let us try some stingray. He then took to try some Durian, a stinky fruit that he promised tastes better than it smells. At first we weren't convinced but the more we got use to the smell, the better it tasted. After saying goodbye to him we headed to the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling. Finally. after a packed day we headed back to the hostel for a sleep before the day of traveling ahead.


13th July 2009

Same old story. Waiting at airports most of the day. We flew from Singapore to Kuala Lumpar and the on to Saigon, Vietnam. We made it to our guesthouse but not without a being driven round in circles by a taxi driver ("I know, I am Vietnam"). We gave him what we thought he deserved and no more after retriving our bags from his boot and telling him in no uncertain terms what we thought of him. The lady in our Guesthouse, Mrs Long, was very nice and accomodating though and restored our faith in Vietnam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb