Last Camping Trip for the Summer of '06 - Caleruega


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Tagaytay
June 12th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After just a day of rest, we were off to Tagaytay once more this time to celebrate Nanay's birthday. We had seen the Caleruega Church and learned of its campsite 3 days prior to this trip and had planned to go back to camp there. We oh so love the place - lots of trees, cool weather, nice grass covered lawn, the sound of creatures all around - perfect for staying overnight. We asked nanay and carlo, ikee's cousin, to come with us. Ikee and Boyet did the reservation the day before while I was enrolling for the 1st sem.

Lunch was at View site Restaurant. We had filipino food - bulalo, steamed pla-pla, adobong kangkong, and ensaladang talong. The rest of the day was basically the same as what we had done during Ikee's birthday. We ate halo-halo at Good Shepherd, bought supplies at the local market and went to Cliff house for dessert the following day. Carlo and Nanay joined us.

This time I was prepared to cook - we bought a grill for 40 pesos and I had cooked some meat, prepared a vegetable salad, served some fruit (pineapple, jackfruit and papaya) and even had a centerpiece. We spread out the table cloth on the ground to make it into a nice dinner picnic. Then it had to rain...

So, you guessed right, we had to take all our food and bring them inside the tent. I was the last one to go inside because I wanted everything to be kept dry. It took me a while to get in. but just as soon as we were all inside, the rain stopped! Well, at least our tent kept us dry and this we wanted to prove to ourselves. After dinner, we lit the bonfire that was prepared at the middle of the campsite and had danced like the filipino aborigins and kept warm by the campfire. A security guard gave us a visit to check on how we were doing. He had mentioned that the visitors from Holy child did not push through with their bonfire because it had rained. So, the bonfire was not for us after all! hehehe

It was a bit chilly that night and it was a welcome treat for us since summer in Manila goes up to about 38 degrees celsius. I had to make 3 trips to the bathroom before I retired to sleep as the cold was affecting my kidneys! The bad thing was that the bathrooms were about 100 meters away from the campsite. We left the camp the at half past 12 the following day. Lunch was at the Mushroomburger and dessert was at Massimo's and Papa Vinz at the Cliffhouse. It was a good way to end the summer of '06. Don't you think so?




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



13th June 2006

Keep it up, mama jane!
i really love to read your travelblogs! it's informative and entertaining. i like the shots u upload but can you post more pictures with you in it? hehehe...camera shy ka ata, mama jane...hehehe...keep it up! love your site! ;-)
22nd June 2006

Cliff House
Exactly where is it in Tagaytay?
22nd June 2006

Cliffhouse
The Cliffhouse in Tagaytay is along the aguinaldo highway on the way to Batangas about 1 complex or house apart from Dencio's (I think but I'm not sure) before reaching the petron gas station at mendez.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb