A VOLCANO IN A VOLCANO " TAAL VOLCANO "


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Taal Lake
May 1st 2012
Published: May 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Taal Volcano is a complex volcanic system, and it is composed of a small volcanic island, located in Lake Caldera or as many called it also Taal Lake, and the story was the lake was actually the krater of the first Volcano, it is exploded in the 15th Century and after that the rain pours in the krater that build the lake, and now a new Volcano is rising up in the lake. It is very easy to go to Taal Volcano, from Manila to Batangas ( Talisay ),or Manila to Tagaytay. There are a lot of Travel Agencies who offers Taal volcano Tours in Manila, but it is acctually very easy to get there, if you dont wanna rent a Car with a driver, you can take the Public Transportation, There's a lot of Busses going to Tagaytay, Ordinary ( no Aircondition) and Airconditioned Busses, well! I recommend Airconditioned Busses for a comfortable trip. I think when you catch the Bus in Lawton, Ayala, Buendia or Baclaran to Tagaytay, it will cost you less than a 100pesos, and all of this busses will pass by Coastal Rd. Imus , Anabu ,Cavite where i take my bus and pay about 50pesos for a 45min. to 1 hour drive to the heart of Tagaytay City. In Tagaytay, out of nowhere,there are Trycicle ( a motorbikes with sidecar) drivers everywhere who will offers you a ride to the town at Taal Lake where you can catch a Boat to the Volcanic Island.The Trycicle will cost 300pesos,round trip, the driver have to wait for your return. Reaching Taal Lake the driver will take you in a House which is like a private touring service and will show you a price card of the volcano tour and as expected it is overprice, all you have to do is just walkout the street and dont worry coz there's always someone out there who will offer you an affordable price. A Boat trip to the Volcano Island on Taal Lake is 20min.( each way ) and will cost you 1,200 to 1,500pesos round trip price per Boat and not per Persons, and the Boats like the Trycicles will wait for your return ,so pay them when you finished your tour. Reaching the Island, you are now be asked to rent a Horse (a guide included) to take you to the top and back down the lake will cost you approximately 1,000pesos and I highly recommend that you better take the Horse or else youre in a very good condition to walk to the top and it is really hot here. If you want to know more Information during your tour I recommend that for additional cost to hire a Tourist guide, this guides have official picture ID badges which can be very easily verified with the local authorities. A trip to the Volcano will be a whole Day tour ,it is a Picturesque Panoramic view ,you will also see a boiling lake on the Krater of the Volcano and smokes on many points of the volcano, and you can feel the heat of the ground. There are small stalls of Souvenir shops and fresh Coconut juices or Water and Softdrinks to cool you up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

On the TopOn the Top
On the Top

Feel The Heat Of The Ground
On The Volcano IslandOn The Volcano Island
On The Volcano Island

The Boats Waiting For The Passengers


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb