BACOLOD CITY HOLY WEEK VACATION


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Negros » Bacolod
April 20th 2014
Published: April 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

For someone who has a full time job like me, it is always a privilege to be able to have a long vacation (1 week). So why not enjoy the chance and spend it in one of the happiest place in the Philippines known as the "City of Smiles" (also with sweetest dialect tone)...touchdown Bacolod City.

Bacolod City is the capital of Negros Occidental located on the West part of Visayas. Travel time may vary depending on your mode of transportation if by plane (from Manila- 45 minutes to 1 hour) if by vessel (From Manila Port: 18-23 hours).
Upon arrival I was welcomed by the gloomy weather. Kinda disappointing that the weather forecast for the coming days will be rainy and stormy But of course the weather will not served as a hindrance as I tour myself to Bacolod City. The tour must go on!..:D
Expect a lot of eating for this blog.😊

DAY 1 (Getting to know Bacolod)
Time of arrival is 7:45 am so we decided to ride a shuttle going to Bacolod City . It's a 30-45 minutes travel I think going to downtown. We check in to our chosen Pension house at 11th street Lacson Area. (11th street Bed and Breakfast to be exact). This I can totally recommend for those families who only want an area to sleep after the tour (Cheap price inclusive of your continental breakfast).

We ate our late Breakfast at Merci (Lacson st. Branch)- special siopao asado- yummy but no sauce they only use ketchup.
Lunch at the famous Manokan Country- Nana's Beth chicken inasal for 95.00 not unlimited rice. (just like Mang Inasal)
Visit SM Bacolod, there are a lot of Restaurants, cafe and eating place there believe me. A proof that all illonggo's and ilonngga love to eat.
Drop by at the Public plaza and witness the Dos Palmas at the famous San Sebastian Cathedral. Ordered dinner at the pension house (chef's are good though)

DAY 2 (Minor exploration and hello relatives day)

Visit the capitol park and lagoon (usual park overlooking the capitol surrounded by a lagoon). Because the weather is unpredictable we decided to visit our relatives at Fortune Towne (30 minutes travel) and Villa villeta (20 minutes travel). What amaze me during this trip is the very cheap jeepney fare (minimum 7 pesos). Even their tricycle is very interesting.
We also Drop by at the New Government Center and took photos with the masskara's posted all over the wall (Masskara Festival is famous for Bacolod City which is being celebrated every October)

DAY 3 (Food trip day and REAL Bacolod Day)

This is so true that in Bacolod never miss their Food galore!. All foods there are very superb!. Its still raining on our 3rd day but as I said before the journey continues.
We Visited the Negros Museum (entrance fee: 50.00). This features the history of Bacolod and their community before. There are a lot of toys representing different occasions in the city. (Christmas, wedding, Simbang gabi etc.)
After that we headed to Old Pala Pala seafoods market to try their specialty "Tullahan".OMG all of their foods were great and big in servings!.
Next stop for dessert is the Calea Cakes and Pastries. For those who have a sweet tooth like me.This is the perfect place for sugar rush!.😊 (each slice ranges from 85-115 pesos). The price is a bit high but it's all worth it. Try their cheesecakes..Oh!.. yum😉
After splurging ourselves to Bacolod's delicacy, we travel to Talisay Negros to visit "The Ruins". It's a fascinating view of the Mansion (Lacson Family) before, that is said to be on fire for days but still manage to preserve the main architectural structure. The tour guide there is very entertaining. It's also a picture perfect place properly maintained for tourist..too bad for me it was really raining hard during our visit.
As we head back to Bacolod City we ate our snacks to Bob's at SM Bacolod. We tried their famous refreshments (fruita-fruita) and clubhouse sandwich that is so yummylicios.:D
We also drop by to John Paul 2nd tower that is established after the actual Pope visited the city. Its an 8 storey bldg overlooking the SM Bacolod and Baywalk.
Had our late dinner with relatives who prepared another sumptuous viands. (Oh what a day full of foods!😊)

Day 4 (Shopping Day and San Sebastian Cathedral)

At morning we visited another relative at Burgos and explore the Lopue's East area.
Had our lunch at public food court (very budget friendly) and bought pasalubong at Bongbong's and Merci (less 10% if you will present your air ticket). Stroll around the Capitol Parks and Lagoon and dinner outside.
Day 5 and 6 (Serenity and Clarity)

Spend the day with relatives at Hamdumanan (travel time 1 hour from the City). The following day tried their 3:30 AM procession with station of the cross (with their own dialect). Attended Mass and experience Ilonnggo's Semana santa. I also tried their famous Napoleones..oh so sweet another sugar rush experience. During Good Friday , we had our mini family reunion at Fortune Towne with lots of foods served.(Seafoods since its Good friday).
Day 7- (Goodbye Bacolod..Hello Silay! Welcome Back Laguna)

Side tour at Silay City. Visit the Balay Negrense too bad that it was closed so we just took a picture from outside. We also drop by at the Saint Paul Cathedral. Bought yummy cassava cake at the famous El Ideal Bakery. Silay is also known for many ancestral houses built long time ago that is up until now. After the side tour travel back to Silay National Airport.

Goodbye Bacolod..Hello Manila! Go back to Laguna. Vacation is really over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb