Beautiful Mindanao


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Mindanao » Davao
September 22nd 2012
Published: September 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Again, work brought me back to Mindanao twice this year. This time, I was able to traverse the Davao River five times just in 1 day. Also, this is my only travel that in five days was able to visit the Five Provinces of Davao, Davao City, Davao Del Norte, Davao Del Sur, Compostela Valley, and Davao Oriental.

Davao Region is famous for the exotic Durian, which I learned to eat after going back and forth the Region. My favorite is the Pomelo, which Davao Oriental is famous for its being juicy and sweet. Compostela Valley is where most of the Gold Mining sites are located and beautiful falls, but the travel is a challenging one. Not because it's not safe, but because of the rough road and rugged terrain. Davao del Norte is also famous for its Banana Plantation and beautiful Samal Island, where the world-class Resort can be found, the Pearl Farm. Davao del Sur is where the Mt. Apo can be found, it is between two provinces, Davao del Sur and the North Cotabato which is under Region 12. The monkey-eating Philippine Eagle can be found in the forests of Mt. Apo.

Another Island
municipality is the Balut Island. It is under the Province of Davao del Sur, but the jump-off point in order to reach the Island is from General Santos City, which is under SOCCKSARGEN Region 12.

Davao Region is vast not only in area, but also in Natural Resources which every Filipino can boast of. In my 17 years of travelling to Davao, there is a lot more to discover. Every travel to Mindanao is a new experience and I am always looking forward to the next one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dinner at Mati CityDinner at Mati City
Dinner at Mati City

we were served with crabs, fish, prawns and Lechon de Leche
on to Gensanon to Gensan
on to Gensan

we still have at least 2 to 3 hours travel due to rough road
Gensan Port Area Gensan Port Area
Gensan Port Area

Jump-off point to Balut Is.


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb