Chateau-du-Mer, Marinduque


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Marinduque
January 16th 2011
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Beach HouseBeach HouseBeach House

From here the sea is almost at your arm's reach.
Chateau-du-Mer is a small, quiet resort in the island of Marinduque, Philippines. It is located in Barangay Amoingon (Boac), and is less than 10 minutes driving either from Cawit Port or from the Marinduque Airport. With a well-designed beach house, a spacious garden, a conference room that has been used for regional meetings, the place has also become a popular venue for wedding receptions, anniversaries and family affairs.

Recently, a beach wedding was held there. While fairly new, the owners are now considering more refurbishings in the area, apparently encouraged by similar public and privately-marked efforts to pursue the island-province's potential to be a byword among eco-tourism destinations in the Philippines.

Marinduque continues to be touted by developers as one of the next hottest tourism hotspots in Asia in view of its proximity to Manila, unspoiled island beaches, some of which could rival Boracay, and the establishment during the last couple of years of the ultra-luxury Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa.

Also visit www.chateaudumer.blogspot.com
Email: tagaboac@yahoo.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

The conference hall.The conference hall.
The conference hall.

This conference hall is a popular place for seminars, weddings and anniversaries.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

The ever-changing sunset colors as the sun goes down on the Mindoro horizon west of Marinduque.
Blue OrchidBlue Orchid
Blue Orchid

One of several orchid species found in the huge garden.
Beach colorsBeach colors
Beach colors

Fishermen's bancas provide additional color to the tropical scenery around.
EntranceEntrance
Entrance

This small resort is less than 10-minutes away from the Cawit Port or from the Marinduque Airport after a 35-minute flight from Manila
Coconut TreesCoconut Trees
Coconut Trees

Here, there and everwhere stands tall coconut trees that surrounds the resort.
Local children playing with waterLocal children playing with water
Local children playing with water

It's an ordinary sight. Young boys or girls at home from school or during weekends playing with water.
Children's laughterChildren's laughter
Children's laughter

The day's serenity may be broken from time to time by the laughter of children playing on the beach.
BedroomBedroom
Bedroom

A bedroom at the resort shown here.
Beach WeddingBeach Wedding
Beach Wedding

A couple has found the beach romantic enough as venue for saying their "I do's".
The Wedding CoupleThe Wedding Couple
The Wedding Couple

A happy Filipino couple is wedded.
GardenGarden
Garden

Part of the resort garden planted to tropical plants.
Local CultureLocal Culture
Local Culture

Gasang-Gasang is the name of one of the popular festivals held during Easter.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb