Philippines Holiday


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
December 8th 2007
Published: December 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 5



After Breakfast, we took a taxi to Rizal Park. The taxi ride only took 30 minutes, which was quite quick.
As soon as we arrived, we were confronted by people trying to sell us souvenirs, old coins, food etc.







The Park is quite big & is split into at least 2 sections separated by a main road. One part of the park was dedicated to busts of their National Heroes. Below is a Statue of Lapu Lapu.

Around the park, there were also a number of cats (who looked like they could do with a good feed).







Part of the park includes an Orchidarium, here there was a display of Orchids, Butterflies & some other unusual plants.













After the park, we returned to our Hotel & then moved to a different one - the Somerset Salcedo.

In the afternoon we went to the Mega Mall Shopping centre. It was another very big shopping centre over many levels. Included in the centre is an Ice Skating Rink. After shopping, we went to catch a taxi-the queue was very long. While we were waiting we could see fireworks going off just outside the centre.







In the evening, we met up with Ronald & family at Lita's Mother's Compound-where a number family of houses are located. We had pasta for dinner. Fireworks could be heard oustide in the street (some were quite loud !).








Advertisement



Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb