still trying to make sense of it all....


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Legaspi
March 24th 2007
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Still trying to figure out what I have been working on these past nearly three months that I have been in the Philippines. I have been on so many job sites and done so many things I never thought possible (ceilinging, anyone? More on that one in the future...), i just don't even know where to begin. ONe of these days I will just have to sit down and write a long short-story about life in smalltime Santo Domingo.

To keep this one brief, please take a moment to go to our website, www.hodr.org , and view the current photos (under the photo gallery tab) as well as the 60-day director's report. There will soon be a 90-day report up as well, so please keep your eyes pealed.

The most exciting news of the week is that we got electricity, finally (ok, so it has been 2 weeks already, but I just haven't had the time to get to internet with the exception of a very brief time last Saturday). Even better than that is that the project has been extended until sometime in April. It is looking as if it will probably be the end of April, but at this point there is no telling exactly when. Everyone in the neighborhood is excited that we won't be heading out "so soon," and the handful (8 or 9??) of us that are staying until the end, are equally as thrilled.

Please read the current update on the hands on website for more info on the extention.

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement -- and and all the wonderful goodies you keep sending! Yum!! There is still time to send more care packages....... :-)

Hope all is well and you all are enjoying the start of spring.....well, for those of you in the northern hemisphere, anyway!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb