The Middle of Nowhere


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Moalboal
May 7th 2009
Published: May 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Boracay to Cebu on Day 5. We were a bit disappointed upon arrival at Costabella Tropical Beach Resort in Mactan Island. There was nobody at the place, the beach was very small, and there were large fences between the resorts so you couldn't walk down the beach and people watch like you could in Boracay. The place was hurting due to the economy.

Magellan the Spanish explorer, met his death at the hands of Cebu Chieftain Lapu-Lapu in 1521 AD. The remaining 18 crew members of the original 237 returned to Spain in 1522 completing the first full navigation around the earth.

We were a bit bored with Mactan, so we had a Taxi driver take us on a 2 hour tour and then to the best white sand beach he knew of on Cebu. He drove us for another 2 hours to the other side of the Island to a place called Moalboal. There were about 20 resorts in a row in Moalboal ranging in price from $30 to $70 per night. We stayed for 2 nights at a place called the Barefoot Resort on White Sand Beach for $50 per night. We spent most of our time eating and drinking a couple of doors down at a place called the Serena Beach Resort that had decent food, a swimming pool, some nice music playing, and a beautiful white sand beach. If we come again we will just stay at Serena's for $70 per night.

Moalboal is out in the middle of nowhere and was very beautiful and quiet. People come here because it is rugged and untouched and has great diving off the reef in front of the beach. We head back to New Delhi in the morning of day 9.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



7th June 2013

enjoying
I really enjoyed reading your blogs. Thanks!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb