A Series of Unfriendly Encounters


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Camarines Sur » Naga City » Pili
June 13th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at CAMSUR Water Sports Complex (CWC) at around 8:00 in the evening. It is located at the Provincial Capitol Complex at Pili Camarines Sur; more or less 30 minutes drive from Naga City. It is a water sports park designed for wakeboarding, wake skating and waterskiing. We were so excited about this!

Mark’s Tita(Aunt) Racquel made the arrangements prior to our arrival so we went straight to the reception area to get our key. The receptionists then told us that their records show that we were already in house, which was not possible because we’ve just arrived! The rest of the guys tried to sort it out until we were finally ushered to our house trailer (Villa Del Rey Containers) to get some rest. We had to keep going back and forth to the reception because the phone in our trailer wasn’t working, there weren’t enough beds/towels, and they were asking us to pay more than what was previously agreed on ~ Unfriendly Encounter #1.

The boys then went ahead to the Clubhouse Restaurant/Bar to have a few drinks and we followed afterwards to grab some late dinner. Martin, Ger and Mark then told us that they were previously asking for some ice for their beer and they were told that there’s no more ice available, only to be able to get some by asking another waiter. Then we had the same experience with our food. We were asking for a particular dish and we were told that it wasn’t available, but after asking another waiter, we got what we wanted! Weird! Oh well!
There was also a group of foreigners who sent pieces of ice flying to our table and probably to everyone else’s when they started smashing a bulk of ice with a beer bottle. They must have been very disappointed with the crew’s service because we were too! Only that their ice smashing antic wasn’t very impressive either. And so we had to stay away from them and transfer to another table before we all get pissed off ~ Unfriendly Encounter #2 (same night!). Anyway, we peacefully had our dinner, the boys had their little drinking session and we all slept soundly that night.

We woke up in the morning all excited to go wakeboarding! After taking our breakfast (don’t ask about customer service), we signed up, put on the gear and started off with knee boarding. It was totally cool! Easier than what I was expecting, BUT wakeboarding was a different story. We had some practice at the beginner’s area (Unfriendly Encounter #3 - never mind! It’s still about proper customer care) which went on just fine and went back to the regular wakeboarding area to try the real thing. First try? My face slammed straight to the water! I’d swim back ashore to try again ~ NEVER SAY DIE! It’s painful to the nose/head every time you hit the water because the cable would pull really hard, but I wanted to be able to stand! Though I was finally able to (only once), I fell off halfway of the course. My goal was to finish all the way and I wasn’t able to fulfill the objective because it was time for us to check out after half day of trying and falling. I will be back to redeem myself!

My arms were so tired that it was a struggle to raise them up to my head when I took a shower ~ it’s not even a question how sore everyone will be the next day.

We definitely can’t say that they had the
@ the Clubhouse Restaurant/Bar@ the Clubhouse Restaurant/Bar@ the Clubhouse Restaurant/Bar

Ger, Janet, Me, CJ, Cecile, Ren
best customer service but despite all of those, we were quite impressed with how CWC looked like. We loved our house trailer, and we so loved the wakeboarding/knee boarding experience.

We took the free CWC shuttle bus to Naga City, where we would take a public utility van back to Albay.
We went first to the mall to have our lunch; everyone had finished theirs aside from Mark who hasn’t had a sight of his food despite several follow-ups. Definitely wasn’t the best time to delay the food because more than anyone of us, he was the hungriest ~ there goes Unfriendly Encounter #4. Mark finally had his lunch after ten years (kidding), and then we went on our way to the terminal where we had our Unfriendly Encounter #5 ~ Cecile and Ger had an argument with the dispatcher who was being unreasonable and we had to butt in because they were already raising their voices! *sigh*

Glad to be going back to our friendly, laid back, quiet little city of Legaspi … our baby!

Back in Legaspi …

Mark got off at Camalig to spend time with his relatives and the rest of us went to check in at our hotel at the city. Vista Al Mayon Pensionne is near the airport, clean, friendly, had a small pool (for CJ who loves swimming), and a small restaurant w/ good, inexpensive food.

We had our tasty dinner by the pool and had a relaxed evening; much needed after our tempers got challenged in Naga. Mark and Kuya Harry (now known as DongDong Dantes to us) also paid us a little visit that night. Cecile, CJ, Martin and Ren still had the energy to go swimming while Janet, Ger and I chose to have an evening stroll.

June 14, 2009

Everyone woke up complaining about how sore they were feeling; we pretty much tore every muscle in our body! I had to move in slow motion and every movement goes with an OOOUUCH! It was even hard to get up from the bed or take off my shirt! Perhaps we should consider stretching next time before hitting the water with a wakeboard.

It was Ren’s birthday too, we were planning on attending the early morning mass but it was only Janet who was able to wake up very early (her hyper day). So we just sang happy birthday right after everyone woke up, went to breakfast and then back to the shops in Cagsawa because we couldn’t just get enough of the cheap souvenir items.

It was check out time at around 10:00 AM and Kuya Harry was there again to help us out (thanks much!). He drove us once again to the airport and saw us off.

We love Bicol! We would soooo love to go back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Vista Al Mayon PensionneVista Al Mayon Pensionne
Vista Al Mayon Pensionne

Receiving/Recreation Area
Because we got bored ...Because we got bored ...
Because we got bored ...

Martin, Ger, Janet, Me, Ren
Specialties (Pili Nuts)Specialties (Pili Nuts)
Specialties (Pili Nuts)

Martin, Janet, Ren, CJ


20th June 2009

Cheers!
Got to hand it to your cheerful spirit......to enjoy your holiday weekend despite all these unfriendly encounters. True, it helps and goes a long way whenever you find good customer service, but not getting it should not deter us from enjoying our holiday. Cheers to you, Tynnie!
14th August 2009

Nice Blog
Great blog Tynnie. Susubaybayan ko mga adventure mo. :) Take Care and God Bless
31st March 2012

Grabe na naman
It seems that there's a problem somewhere, like everywhere you go guys it entails conflict of some sort, could it be part of communication, which shouldn't be because your from Bicol. I know accent is quite different but it is still understandable. Next time try to change your or your friends' approach maybe the remedy lies there. I've toured most of the Philippines and I can tell you that you can never get it wrong if you know how to deal with people, a little diplomacy as well. Cheers.
2nd April 2012

:)
we are not from bicol...and we have been diplomatic enough, they barely heard any complain from us. good service is not something that diplomacy can do much about...no matter how diplomatic you are bad service is bad service and it's not something to praise

Tot: 0.4s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 148; dbt: 0.1812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb