Cagayan de Oro and Bukidnon


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cagayan De Oro
March 26th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we had our annual planning conference. the place is lauremar beach resort in opol, misamis oriental. we jetted thru PAL going to cagayan de oro city. we arrived at cagayan at 11am. after lunch, we had the city tour.

we went to del monte farm, bukidnon. the plantation is located in the Municipality of Manolo Fortich (although there is also a farm located in Libona, Impasugong, Sumilao and Malaybalay). It is considered to be the biggest pineapple plantation in the Far East. It has vast tracks of land planted to pineapple. It also has a famous world class 18-hole golf course. In Del Monte golf course, the pine trees that abound, the manicured green grass, the mini lake, the serenity and cool climate make playing golf (and even sight seeing) a truly delightful experience. while inside the plantation, we feasted on pineapples as it was free but you cannot bring one outside the farm.

after bukidnon, we hurriedly went to the garden of malasag eco tourism village as it was already 4:30 in the afternoon. Gardens of Malasag Eco-tourism Village in Cagayan de Oro City is a cultural village in a botanical setting. This is the only theme park
bukidnonbukidnonbukidnon

del monte farm
of its kind in Mindanao which gives visitors an educational tour of the ecology and rich ethno-Filipino heritage of Northern Mindanao. In the village are tribal homes, which showcase traditional artifacts, agricultural tools, ethnic instruments and ornaments of the Matigsalog, Manobo, Subanon, Talaandig and Higaonon tribes. You may even witness these tribes as they weave their cloth and string beads for accessories. They also perform their traditional songs and dances. Gardens of Malasag is situated on a 7.5 hectare Malasag reforestation area, the village can be explored only on foot on concrete roads and smaller trails that wind up and down the mountainside village. As you walk around the village, you will see the flora and fauna collections of Region 10 presented in a flower shower garden, an exotic orchidarium, a plant nursery, a gumamela garden, a butterfly garden, a mini aviary and rescue center and a deer habitat. there are also cozy cottages available for an overnight stay or one can pitch a tent on its campsite. there was really so much to see in the Gardens but we had so little time. we just went around and tried crossing the hanging bridge, then we went back to the resort where we were billeted.

the following day, me and my friends decided to have a road trip to iligan city. we enjoyed the view of the maria cristina falls.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

bukidnonbukidnon
bukidnon

del monte farm
bukidnonbukidnon
bukidnon

del monte farm
bukidnonbukidnon
bukidnon

pineapple plantation
bukidnonbukidnon
bukidnon

del monte office
bukidnonbukidnon
bukidnon

del monte golf course
cagayan de oro citycagayan de oro city
cagayan de oro city

garden of malasag
opol, misamis orientalopol, misamis oriental
opol, misamis oriental

lauremar beach resort- during the team building


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb