Melon and Michelle say hello to Hong Kong, Philippines and Singapore


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Banaue
May 7th 2013
Published: May 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after almost a year of being back home I felt it was time to take a mini trip back to Asia, only with a new travel buddy this time- Michelle!

Our journey begins with a two day stop in Hong King, Michelle's family home. Soon as we arrive I am struck by the ridiculous humidity, it wasnt even sunny- just hot and humid! We make it to our hostel and I get a surprise...Michelle did warn me the rooms were small, she wasnt kidding. I've uploaded a pic of the room that was clearly designed only for ants to live in its so small. Each day we did the polite shuffle past each other, with one person pressed against the wall and the other crouching on the bed.

Aside from the lack of space, the humidity and the smog Hong Kong was a cool place. We had cocktails on a rooftop bar overlooking the city skyscrapers and visited the hand-prints of the rich and famous. We shopped, we ate and I got to meet a couple of Michelle's friends. If you love to eat, shop and drink- go to Hong Kong. Be advised it is better suited to tiny people who dont need a lot of space! That said it was lots of fun and it was nice to see Chinese culture in full swing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb