On The Road Again


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Baguio
April 8th 2014
Published: April 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

On the Road Again 1On the Road Again 1On the Road Again 1

Do we look at all sleepy?!
Going on a road trip with 18 people in 4 vehicles is not easy but the enthusiasm and excitement was enough to keep the adrenalin pumping. With on-going road repairs along the route to Manila and 2 of our vehicles coded on that day, we had to leave Baguio at 1am to be able to get out of Manila and on to SLEX by 7am. After 2 pit stops and coffee breaks, we made it to Pancake House in Sta. Rosa by 7am for breakfast.

You would think that we would have been dead tired by then. Nope, not us! We were just getting started. Ordering breakfast was first on the agenda. With that over and done with, "selfies" and laughter were served on the table. We knew that it was too early in the day for other diners to witness our boisterous exchanges; it was obvious by one lady's uni-brow scowl. But we didn't care. We were on vacation anyway.

One would think that an early morning (mornight?) drive would take its toll on 18 middle-aged travelers. Visions of 4 sleeping passengers and a sleepy driver trying his darnedest to keep his eyes open come to mind. But not this motley crew of seasoned travelers. We knew how to pace our energies enough so that we kept the driver awake with our light banter at the backseat and still have the energy for our breakfast rendezvous with the others.

After that hearty breakfast, we were ready for the first stop... Villa Escudero in San Pablo, Laguna.

Advertisement



8th April 2014

"motley crew"
nice job Gi! i especially like the "motley crew" description. hahahahahahaha
8th April 2014

Fun Fun Fun
It was so much fun that It did not seemed there were 18 of us. It was great fun and we all got along with equal turns in talking and comments. It was great to see places some of us have not visited and the some of the topics of our conversation kept us interested and laughters most of the time. We ere the healthiest people during our Road Trip.
8th April 2014

Row4 Trip trip
Hi gi..sooooo looking forward to our next road trip..? Air trip...? Sea trip? Field trip..? Haha! Row 4 rockssss!!
12th April 2014

road trip
Abangan ang susunod na kabanata
12th April 2014

Nice one, Gidge! Keep it up and don't leave us hanging :)

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb