Digital maps of Pakistani cities


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan
November 26th 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I am very much interested in travelling. And travelling requires maps. Unfortunately all the maps I could find on the internet for Pakistan and Pakistani cities were just images scanned by some real estate developers or some really old Survery of Pakistan Map. Basically they were useless of someone was new to the area and wanted to find a place or plan a trip. Even on Google Maps there were only images and not much else.

Luckily I have been able to contribute towards developing maps for major cities in Pakistan. I have been able to set up a website which is the first of its kind in Pakistan. The website has detailed street level road maps of Islamabad/Rawalpindi , Karachi and Lahore . Maps of a more cities are also on the way.

Searching

The website allows searching for streets, road and places. The search results can be selected to view their location on the map. The maps are rendered in SVG and, therefore, provide great quality at all zoom levels. So you can zoom in right on the point or view it relative to other locations around it.

Radius Search

The website also allows users to search for locations within a given radius of the selected point. So one can find other similar places, places to eat, rest, etc. which lie within a certain distance of the selected point.

Routing

Perhaps the most useful feature of the website is that it provides driving directions from one place to another. These directions are complete with leg lengths and total distance travelled.



COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb