Sick and bored


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Azad Kashmir » Neelum Valley
April 8th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,
Hope all of you’re doing well.
This time, it’s just a short update and some pictures. I’ve managed to catch a flue and currently am spending my time in bed in Muzaffarabad - feeling miserable and bored out of my mind… I hate being sick! :-)
Few days ago I came “back to civilization” after spending 10 days up in the valley. In a small town called Kel, which is in about 2200m above sea level (we’ve got our second office up there because our work is done in surrounding villages). And where time seems to have stopped a while ago… It is a beautiful place with its snow capped mountain peaks, the river, stone houses, beautiful pure nature…
But in the same time it is harsh living up there... The fields are still being worked with buffalos or per hand (for some of them this year was probably the very first time in their lives that they’ve seen a tractor). The houses are being heated with a wood oven, which in the same time is being used to cook food. People have to travel long way to get to some drinking water (and it is women who do it), and the list goes on and on… (For those who are interested in learning more facts about the area please see A bit about the area. And for those of you who are interested to know more about the projects: Our Projects ).

Ciao,
Kristina



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Usual view hereUsual view here
Usual view here

Women carries the last and the guy walks empty handed
And that's the mountain road through the valleyAnd that's the mountain road through the valley
And that's the mountain road through the valley

it is so narrow in some places, that cars need to maneuver and try to find a bit wider space to pass each other...


16th June 2008

your work and gallery
Every one should appreciated for the wonderful work you are doing in such remote areas. you have taken some nice pictures. I think you should also visit VALLEY SAMAHNI.----------------------------------www.samahni-valley.com
7th May 2010
On the way back to Muzaffarabad

hi
hi i am bilal haider form kundal shahi nelum velly is very very beautfull...........plase i love neelum valley.....
19th July 2010

i like neelum vally pix

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb