Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
April 23rd 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nepal is a place I've been dreaming to get too for many years and living in Hong Kong, gave us this opportunity. When we got to Kathmandu, we stayed in a place called Thamel.

Thamel has maze street areas with narrow lanes full of vendors, bars and clubs in every corner plus side by side restaurant that serves different cruisines so you'll definetely not run out of choice here. This place is also great for souvenir shopping.

We especially love the bars around this place, one in particular that caught our attention was the the Bob Marley terrace club. We also enjoyed the other pubs with live nepallies bands rocking the tourist night away.

Some of the few things we would recommend in Nepal worth visiting are:-
- Thamel - The touristic side of kathmandu full of guest houses and boutique hotels
- Patan, Durbar Square - This square have many famous sites and unique ad historical architecture.
- Bhaktapur, Durban Square - It has many pagodas and brilliant achitectural buildings.
- Swayambhunath - This place provides an excellent view of the Kathmandu Valley! A must see!.
- Sarangot - Known for paragliding, absolutely a must try for the wild ones!
- Pashupatinath temple - Is the World Heritage Site. The most holiest Hindu pilgrimage destination in Nepal. Here you will see the holy river called Bagmati and the Ghats (crematorium) at its bank are the earnest Hindus truest cremation center.
-Chitwan in Pokhara - Most famous national park in Nepal, where you get to see rhinoceros and the largest populations of the elusive and rare Royal Bengal tiger.
- Dhampus (best site to see the Himalayas) and
- Fish tail lodge facing the PHEWA LAKE in Pokhara.

A friend of mine also recommended to eat 'wild boar' which could be found in every menu in Kathmandu.

Our first food in Nepal was Tarkari (Vegetable Curry) and Dhal Bhat rice and Dhal.. and it was so delicious that I end up eating it almost every single day of our stay in Nepal.

Our next route after Kathmandu is Khatauti Khola village half way Pokhara. The bus ride took approximately 3 hours long and along the way I could not keep my eyes shut no matter how exhausted I was because of the beautiful landscapes along the way.

When we reached the Khatauti Khola village, we were warmly greated and escorted in a place by the river called Royal Beach Club and from there we literally got into our tiny cottage, changed our clothes and went walking in to the jungle to do canoying! It was the hardest, most tiring hike we have ever done even though it was only for 2 hours. We realized how unfit we were. When we recahed the waterfalls, climbed down it using a rope. It was very scary but felt amazing after we reached the bottom. Canoying it definetely fun.

After the Canoying we also went white water rafting. The sceneries was breath-taking.

With all the activities we have taken in Nepal, we could not end our trip without trying the paragliding in Sarangot. It was so much fun glinding slowly in the air where we can see beautiful forrest, mountains and lakes below us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb