Muktinath to Jomson


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Muktinath
November 25th 2010
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was the last trekking leg of our journey. Due to the rescheduling as mentionned in my earlier blogs , we didn't have time to complete the whole of the Annapurna circuit so our plan was to trek to Jomson, then drive to Beni from there we would make our way back to Pokhara, spend a day or so there and then fly back to Kathmandu. We rose and had breakfast in Muktinath with a overly friendly cat and then hit the road, initially just as far as the local Gompa. This had several different types of buddha in the form of golden statues. This place had the feel of a real living, breathing gompa and as we left we found many buddhist locals circumnavigating spinning the hundreds of prayer wheels outside. The views from such places are often the best in a town or village as they are usually situated up at the highest point, so I would recommend checking them out even if you're not into the gompa-thing. We started to come across more stalls and teahouses again and by afternoon we trekked through amazing brown contoured valleys with silt-filled rivers running along all over. They were unlike anywhere i've seen yet and you could certainly get an idea of the geographical features here... can easily imagine a huge glacier sliding down this valley. The downhill quickly shifted from a welcome change to a new ache! When we stopped for lunch my feet were getting pretty sore. We soldiered on through the bright but windy day and after a few more rest breaks, we reached Jomson. The temperature was now warming and we started to see more other trekkers again. That said, the exertion of the last few days was starting to catch up on both of us and we was glad to reach our lodge, eat, shower and then get straight to bed! We'd knew we'd be leaving early to travel to Pokhara for a day or two by the lake, bring it on!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb