Day 332 - Filling our bellies


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
May 30th 2007
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well not seeing the day till about 11am was the first highlight of today. The second was the delicious chocolate brownies we had for pudding after our delicious dinner. We like this place.

We did however see some tourist sites with visiting Swayambhunath, the oldest settlement in the Valley, as well as home to a great view of Kathmandu Valley, the Monkey Temple and Stupa. Walking there from our Guest House was interesting in itself being in the middle of a capital city and experiencing everyday life. The 365 steps up to the settlement was our main exercise for the day, we were just glad we were not doing this at any significant level of altitude.

Once we had had a good old look at the valley and the Stupa etc, we made for the National Museum, which is not really worth much of a mention, apart from the Nepalese flag which went into space and was given to the country of Nepal by Richard Nixon on its return.

After this we made it through the city, no thanks to the maps which cannot really handle all the side alleys and winding lanes of the city. Finding the hotel we wished to visit as we had read a good recommendation of the restaurant we quenched our thirst with a few Gin and Tonics and then had a good Indian curry.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 23; qc: 102; dbt: 0.1328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb