Kathmandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Swayambhunath
December 18th 2011
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After we said our goodbyes to Dida, the fruit store boy whom I always bought fruit and banana milk shakes from in the morning, we headed to the airport. The flight was delayed as usual due to fog.

We visted Pashupatinath temple with the burning ghats and Anna was blessed by a Sadhu. Bodnath temple was a real highlight with the huge central Stupa and Buddha's all seeing eyes always watching.

The next day we walked across Kathmandu to "Monkey Temple" Swayambhunath (which was made possible by more strikes so there was no cars on the road.) We also did some shopping for gifts for family back home.

We went to Durbar Square to see more temples and also took a stroll down "Freak Street" which was famous for its hippy freaks back in the day.

During the strike we managed to get lost walking through Kathmandu, but luckily found a boy who was walking "our way" and kind of directed us back in the right direction.

I was interviewed by "Himalaya TV" asking me if strikes ever occurred in Australia, and if so did they effect the whole country. We tried to watch the interview
Asian Tea HouseAsian Tea HouseAsian Tea House

Anna, Shiva and Tim A photo with Shiva the sweet owner of Asian Tea House where I ate many times. Unllimited Dahl Bhat for 130Rs (less than $2)
on TV later that night but there was one of many power cuts that are notorious in Nepal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Dida the fruit boyDida the fruit boy
Dida the fruit boy

I had banana milkshakes and fruit salad made by Dida most mornings before the hospital. I gave him one of my old jumpers as he always complained he was cold


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb