From Khar Nuur to Mukhart


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia
June 12th 2006
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I took so many pictures today. We left Khar Nuur this morning and travel towards Mukhart. Along the way, we travelled through varied scenaries that were simply breath-taking. From the blue lagoon of Khar Nuur, sand dunes, lakes, glaciers, rock formations, plateaus, grassland,... we saw them today.

We stopped by at Senjit Khad - a natural stone arch situated on an elevated plain. We had much fun exploring those natural stone formations. And most memorable experience was to climb up one of those stone formations and survey the surrounding landscape far away. The feeling up there was terrific.

We ended our day camping beside a river in Mukhart. Mukhart is part of the huge Mongol Els (sand dune). It's unique coned shaped looks particularly Hoover Dam in Nevada, I was told. A river runs from the foot of the dam and meanders through the sand dunes forming an oasis. After settling our camps, we hiked to the top of the "dam" which I think more than twelve storey high. From there, we slided down, some of us superman style, to the oasis below. The water was cooold. We then walked along the river where the water is shallow, towards our campsite. It was almost dark when we finally reached our campsite. The last stetch was a bit scarry though.



Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Kite-flying time Kite-flying time
Kite-flying time

While the punctured tyre is being replaced
Arriving at Mukhart in the eveningArriving at Mukhart in the evening
Arriving at Mukhart in the evening

The first thing YR did was to went into the river. He didn't even bother to take out his shoes!


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb