Tosontsengel


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia
June 9th 2006
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Khovsgol Province, we travelled southwest towards Tosontsengel. It was a whole day of travel. Somehow, we quite enjoyed the travel on the bumpy Mongolian highway. I think we felt a sense of freedom not to be found back home.

The song of East17 (Zaya likes this song) kept playing over and over again (there were other songs but I only remembered this one):

"When the thunder's calling, from the mountain high, time to stretch your wings and fly..."

I would looked out of the window to the mountains and imagined that there would be eagles coming out of the mountains. I often wondered... these were the same mountains in Jurasic times when the dinosaurs roamed freely here.

Along the road, we met the owner of a new ger camp, who is also the governer of the Tosontsengel Province. He led us to his ger camp. Along the way, we stopped by Telmen Nuur, a salt water lake.

The ger camp is in the midst of construction. There were only two gers done up - one yellow and one orange. Very unusual indeed. There were no shower facilities and running water. We had our dinner inside the ger.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Lunch stop near TosontsengelLunch stop near Tosontsengel
Lunch stop near Tosontsengel

Muno & Zaya tugged into traditional Mongolian dish while we waited for our instant noodles.
Ovoo at Telmen NuurOvoo at Telmen Nuur
Ovoo at Telmen Nuur

As usual, we made 3 clockwise rounds, throwing stones to the ovoo for good luck.
Toilet with a viewToilet with a view
Toilet with a view

The ger camp is not completed yet. So the owner put a portable toilet at this make-shift hut.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb