Khengis Khan's Land


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
June 3rd 2006
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bogd Khaan Palace MuseumBogd Khaan Palace MuseumBogd Khaan Palace Museum

I can see Puujee and Yiren outside
Saturday

0015 Departs Singapore Changi Airport on CA970.
0615 Arrives in Beijing. Transit.
0850 Departs Beijing on CA901.
(+1h) 1225 Arrives in Ulaanbaatar (UB).

Here we are, on our second trip to Mongolia one year later. This time we were lucky to reach Ulaanbaatar on schedule. No more flight delay like last year.

Muno and Puujee, our Mongolian guides, are already at the airport to receive us. So is Nyaama, who is going to be our driver for the next 15+ days.

After checking into UB Hotel, which is the same one we stayed last year, Puujee brought us for lunch at the SilkRoad Restaurant. We have heard about the restaurant from PJ, and it is also a "Lonely Planet" recommended restaurant. We had western food, Tendori chicken, etc. Food was quite ok.

After lunch, Puujee brought us to Bogd Khaan Palace. There is a Summer Palace and Winter Palace. The Summer Palace consist of some court yards with a collection of silk paintings. The Winter Palace is more interesting, with a large exhibit of artifacts and daily utilities such as carriage, clothing, beds.

We were tired and declined the invitation to attend the Mongolian
Interesting FigurinesInteresting FigurinesInteresting Figurines

Interesting Figurines on the roof
traditional performance and headed back to the hotel to rest.

Dinner was at a western restaurant. The food portion was huge.

I noticed that the young people in UB are very fashionable. They are "bold" and dress like fashion models.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 18; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1003s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb