Club Med Kani - Maldives Paradise


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Male Atoll
September 11th 2011
Published: September 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Club Med Kani in the Maldives is amazing. I have an overwater lagoon suite and the water flowing (quite fast actually) underneath is so clear it is see through to the sand and coral. The little black tipped sharks, baby stingrays and cheeky fish swim under my deck while I stare out to sea in peace.

There’s a reef to the right that protects the sand cay from the waves, but every now and then a surge gets through and you can hear it whoosh up on to the beach. There’s a surfing break called Ninja’s that I can see, and a few surfers have paddled across at high tide and had a surf.

Last night it rained so hard I thought I might wake up floating in the middle of the Indian Ocean, but these thatched roofs are amazingly waterproof.

The sun is so hot that an hour out in it is enough, and Kirk (as in the INXS rockstar Kirk Pengilly) got burnt sitting under his deck roof, but from the reflection off the water. He loves the Maldives so much (the best place in the world he’s been to he says) that he’s extended to stay as long as we are.

Our relaxing days have typically started with breakfast in bed in the lagoon suite, followed by a stroll, and a 1 hour massage from the gorgeous Balinese girls at Mandara Spa here at Club Med. It’s odd to be talking Bahasa Indonesia in the Maldives.

Then a long relaxing lunch, a sit on the beach, a swim, and then a shower for canapés and champagne at the Manta Bar at 7pm. The Manta Bar is new last year, and is part of Club Med’s new “5Trident Space” – where you get special privileges, like Concierge, free flow champagne at night, snacks, wi-fi and a special lounge area with overwater day beds and trampolines to chill out on.

The weather has been superb, warm, partly sunny, breezes and rain only at night. The temperature has been about 31 during the day and 25c at night.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb