A leopard, trigger and their spots


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Ari Atoll
March 9th 2012
Published: March 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Where was I?... oh yes, moonlit dinner.

We chose the Mandhoo restaurant associated with their dedicated spa villas. As they are so quiet we could choose the time and table so we sat overlooking the lagoon as the full moon rose over the island, it's light dappling the water in front of us as we ate an excellent meal washed down by a cheeky Austrian white. (am i painting a picture here?)

As I was only diving in the afternoon the next day i could look forward to another lie in.

The morning was spent on the beach then it was off to the dive boat. The dive site was only 15 minutes away so no time to sun bathe on deck. I spent another hour diving a thila i hadn't been to before. The highlight (if you can call it that!) was coming across a 2 metre Leopard shark. This was a big surprise to all of us including the guide!

I just managed to get a picture as it sped off (more frightened of us than we were of it)

We also saw and photographed a Yellow spotted Trigger fish, another first in that area. I will get photos loaded -promise !

Back in time to wander over to the quiet zone for a couple of cocktails before dinner.

Tomorrow is another diving rest day but plenty of Snorkelling will ensue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb